Join Our Team
Designer Extraordinaire? Marketing Genius? Client Relations Expert?
Do you have what it takes to join the fastest growing marketing and design company in the Eugene, Oregon area?
Do you want to be the leader or do you want to follow the leader? At Ruby Porter Marketing & Design, we strive to set the trend for business marketing and design solutions. We are changing the way our community thinks about marketing. But we also want to have fun while we do it.
Sound like your kind of place? Check out our current openings.
We are currently seeking a graphic designer who will work with our creative team to develop and deliver exceptional design solutions for internal and client projects. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is proactive, positive, creative, and flexible with a passion for great design and an eye for detail. Responsibilities include generating concepts, preparing production proofs for review by the Creative Director and clients, working with outside vendors to ensure quality reproduction of supplied artwork, and other duties as assigned.
- Combine art and technology with the end user’s experience in mind
- Meet with clients and internal design team to determine scope of and expectations for projects
- Create designs that align with client needs, audience, brand, message, product, etc.
- Be able to create designs by hand as well as digitally
- Be able to select color schemes, fonts, patterns, and more that suit a client’s brand
- Present and effectively communicate concepts and mockups to clients including strategies and advice on reaching their audience
- Receive feedback from team members and clients and incorporate suggestions into final designs
- Proofread for errors in any design before publishing or releasing to client
- Must have a BA or AA degree in visual communication, graphic design, website design or related discipline
- Possess strong typography and layout skills
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite is required; proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite is desirable
- Understand how to properly prepare files for both print and web formats
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work on projects both individually and in a team environment
- Bring outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Able to communicate results to management and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Competent working with Windows computers
- Able to maintain a positive, professional, and supportive attitude at all times
- This is a full-time position
- Competitive wages DOE
- Unlimited PTO (Paid Time Off), sick leave, and paid holidays
- Possible growth within the company
- Self-starter, proactive, positive, creative, and flexible.
- 5+ years experience with HTML/CSS/JS/LAMP.
- Expert-level experience with AJAX & JSON.
- Proven hands-on experience building web applications for mobile devices.
- First-hand experience of various performance issues, optimization techniques, and cross-browser capability.
- Discipline to document ideas and code in a clear, comprehensive and organized manner.
- Capable of working with in-house designers and developers in the same office.
This is a full-time position. Competitive wages DOE.
We are currently seeking a Systems Administrator who will work with our team of technicians in servicing our clients. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is proactive, positive, courteous, creative and flexible with a good understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology. He/She must have experience with recent editions of Windows Server, Exchange, Active Directory, Networking, DNS, email servers in general, and other related technologies. Responsibilities include hardware and software installations/troubleshooting, network infrastructure management, onsite and phone support, and other support for clients as needed.
Self-starter, proactive, positive, creative, and flexible.
Good understanding of computer hardware and software.
4+ years experience with Windows Server.
Cisco, Microsoft, or other certifications
Good understanding of network protocols.
Discipline to document technical notes in a clear, comprehensive and organized manner.
Willingness to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas, including occasional weekends, nights and holidays.
Reliable transportation and a clean driving record.
Ability to lift 50lbs
Duration, Hours, Compensation
Salary: $40,000 to $60,000 or DOE
This is a full-time position
How to Apply
If interested in this position, please submit cover letter, resume and supplemental question answers to [email protected]
Application deadline: Until position is filled. No phone calls, please.
- How would you handle a situation where a customer has asked for some service or product that is in violation of the company’s policies and is against the better interests of the company?
- Please describe your experiences working in a team environment. What role do you typically play? How do you handle it when things don’t go well?
Ruby Porter Marketing & Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, sexual orientation, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.