Ruby Porter Marketing & Design is seeking a part-time Digital Marketer to join our fun, innovative, and fast-paced office environment. The ideal candidate will be outgoing, proactive, inquisitive, and possess strong written and verbal communication skills. We are seeking someone with skills and interest in the following areas: search engine optimization (SEO), data and analytics tracking, social media marketing, copywriting, and pay-per-click advertising.
The ideal candidate is someone who is excited to work with a wide variety of local companies in different industries, and to learn how to represent them in digital marketing campaigns across all channels–especially social media. This position is ideal for someone who dabbles in design and/or with video creation.
- Assist the Digital Marketing Manager with copywriting, SEO, and social media management work
- Build and maintain the social media presence for multiple clients on social media platforms: establish brand voicing and marketing pillars; write and design 8 posts/month; research competitors, hashtags & influencers
- Measure and report performance of digital marketing campaigns to current clients in quarterly meetings
- Assess websites for SEO-friendliness and make suggestions for optimizing user experience
- Understand rules of intellectual property and best practices when gathering information from multiple sources online (avoids plagiarism, understands creative commons licensing, etc.).
- Keep track of monthly deliverables and work efficiently and independently once strategy and direction is identified
- Make progress with multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines and addressing immediate client needs
- Make a continued effort to learn and develop SEO and marketing skills
- Relevant experience in the digital marketing/SEO field preferred
- Very strong grammar and writing skills – spelling is especially important
- Experience with social media management tools & strategies
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Competent working with Windows-based computers; Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with WordPress or with analytics platforms is a bonus (Google Analytics, Search Console, Datastudio, Moz, etc.)
- Self-motivated, takes initiative to research topics that may be unfamiliar or niche
- Customer service skills and ability to positively and cheerfully address client concerns
- Dependable, a good team player, receptive to feedback on projects, flexible with assigned duties, and professional in all areas of his/her/their work.
- Able to maintain a positive, professional and supportive attitude at all times.
Duration, Hours, Compensation
- Starting at $16/hr
- Part time position with flexible scheduling & sick leave
- Local on-site position only (must follow current mandated Covid protocols)
Please provide a writing sample with your application.